Wednesday 3 September 2014

Feline Film Favourites



As if my life is not fulfilled enough, spending hours looking on the internet at all things puss-cat related, I decided that I needed more cat in my life so have been watching films with cats in!  I haven’t put anyone through this trauma, I have been quietly watching them on my own….not that I am ashamed – Crazy Cat Lady and Proud – that’s me!


So here are the ones I have watched and enjoyed (kind of) so far…look them up sometime and please let me know if I am missing any classics!


Homeward Bound (1993)

I can’t even tell you how much I love this film!  Sassy is a super cool cat (and the 2 dogs are not too bad too ;-).  I was addicted to Lassie and Littlest Hobo as a child so this is right up my street!



Diamonds are Forever (1971).

I’m not a huge Bond fan but when I think of movie cats, I think of the villan with the mean looking cat.  The cat star in this case, is a rather grumpy looking Turkish Angora.  The puss-cat character is in about 8 James Bond films, but I am not sure if it is the same puss-cat actor. Anyone know? Anyway, as much as I love the puss, there is just not enough cat action for me in this film!  Sorry Bond!



The Aristocats (1970)

My favourite cat character in this film is the trumpet playing jazz-cat Scatman – what a dude!  This was a Walt Disney childhood favourite of mine, I loved it then and I still love it now.



The Cat in the Hat (2003)
If I am honest, the Cat in the Hat creeped me out a little bit (well, actually, quite a lot) but it is a fun film! 



Stuart Little (1999)

Yes, yes, I know this film is about a mouse but there is a rather beautiful cat, called Snowbell.  I particularly like this film as I can relate to it – I spend a lot of my time trying to catch the mice that Melly brings into the house (we name them all Stuart Little).




Austin Powers (1997)

A mickey take of Blofelds character in Bond but rather than a Turkish Angora, a little baldy Sphinx cat is the star.  I love his name, Mr Bigglesworth, and I am fascinated with Sphinx cats...I have never met one.  I think this is a rather ridiculous but hilarious film!


Garfield (2004)

What can I say?  Garfield is a duuuuude with cattitude, and I have been in love with him since the 90’s so I was quite happy to sit and watch this film again (for the 20th time – ahem!).  Reviews for this film are always bad but my niece, Molly and I love him – so there!




Lady & The Tramp (1955)

This was another childhood favourite of mine and I just love Si & Am.  Why is it cats are always the baddies though?




Meet the Parents (2000)

This film is fab, it has Ben Stiller (yum) and Mr Jinx the cat (fab) – what is not to love?  It appeals to my very childish sense of humour!





I am currently trying to track down a copy of “The Darn Cat”!  It was made in 1965 and stars a Siamese tomcat who is an FBI secret agent – sounds exciting huh?  No?  Just me then!

Feel free to let me know if I have missed any classics from the list as I need an excuse to watch more felines on film!














No comments:

Post a Comment