Tuesday 10 November 2015

Introduction to Debbie - Feline Behaviour Advisor



Hello all you lovely Cats Protection supporters my name is Debbie and I am delighted to have been approached by Sarah from the Camberley and District branch to write feline related articles for their blog and newsletter.

I am passionate about cats, just as you all are, and have had a furry feline in my life since I was 8 years old. I have certificates in Feline Psychology and enjoy helping my clients with their cat problems and queries, although challenging at times it has been rewarding. I work at BlackwaterValley Vets as Reception Manager and Feline Behaviour Advisor, where some of you will know me from and I love my job.

In my spare time I make candles in pretty vintage cups and sell them at our Camberley surgery with all sale proceeds going to the Camberley and District Cats Protection. A big thank you to all of you that have admired them and bought them for such a worthwhile cause. So far I have raised £400 and my old employer Barclays Bank will match my end figure £ for £ by the end of the year. These monies will really help all the cats and kittens in the tender loving care of our local Cats Protection and help the wonderful fosterers who do such a grand job in helping all these felines.

I hope that you will enjoy reading my articles and that they help you as I really like to encourage people to “think cat” when they take on a kitten or adult cat. Environmental enrichment can really help the emotional health of our pet felines, and at the end of the day we all consider them as one of the family. Please take the time to look at our vets website and Facebookpage as we often offer discounts on feline related products and there is a lot of useful information on there to help with feline conditions. We are lucky to have a “cat friendly” Vet who works on Thursdays in the mornings at our Camberley Surgery and the afternoons and evenings at our Frimley Green surgery. Audra really understands cats and has a very calming aura and handles felines with gentleness.

My two cats rule the roost in my household and as the saying says we are masters to dogs but slaves to cats. I am sure that most of you will agree with that!


No comments:

Post a Comment